Alberta Academy is now accepting applications for Lead Early Pre-K Teacher in our Early Pre-K 3 year old
A preschool teacher must have a great love and patience for children. Qualifications needed to teach
them effectively include knowledge of best practices and preschool educational methods as well as the
ability to engage them and earn their trust and attention.
The goal is to contribute to the healthy mental and emotional development of every child, so they can
more easily acclimate in the next level of education.
• Develop a careful and creative program suitable for preschool children and in accordance with
NM Early Learning Guidelines
• Employ a variety of educational techniques (storytelling, educational play, media etc.) to teach
• Observe each child to help them improve their social competencies and build self-esteem
• Encourage children to interact with each other and resolve occasional arguments
• Guide children to develop their artistic and practical capabilities through a carefully constructed
curriculum (identify shapes, numbers or colors, do crafts etc.)
• Organize nap and snack hours and supervise children to ensure they are safe at all times
• Track children’s progress and report to parents
• Communicate with parents regularly to understand the children’s background and psyche
• Collaborate with other educators
• Maintain a clean and tidy classroom consistent with health and safety standards
• Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education required.
o Must be willing to take at least 6 credit hours per year towards Bachelor’s in Early
• Proven experience as a Preschool Teacher
• Excellent understanding of the principles of child development and NM Early Learning
• Familiarity with safety and sanitation guidelines for classrooms
• Excellent communication and instructional skills
• Ability to act as mediator between children
• Cool-tempered, friendly and reliable
• Balance between a creative mind and a practical acumen
• Certification in child CPR
Salary Range: Contingent on Education and Experience
POI is a family-based company that strives to provide not only quality care but compassion to our clients and community. Since we are always looking for innovative ways to expand the services we provide, applicants are encouraged to send application materials for consideration of employment.
Individuals interested in providing healthcare to rural communities are strongly encouraged to contact our administrative offices for employment opportunities.