Positive Outcomes is currently hiring Apprentice Speech Language Pathologists.
We offer the following extraordinary employment benefits:
- Tuition Assistance with Multi-year contract
- Clinical Support
- 401K with employer match
- We pay 80% Health Insurance Premiums
- Gym Membership to our state of the art Gym Facility
- Travel Pay
- BA degree in Communication Disorders from an accredited college.
- Currently enrolled in a MA degree program OR acceptance in a MA degree program within 2 years – in order to get license from State. Other requirements include but are not limited to the following: 9 hrs/semester; GPA requirements maintained. Generally this is a four year degree.
- (UNM – Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences)
- (NMSU –SPED/CD Department)
- (ENMU – Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences)
- Apply for SLP – Apprentice license from NMPED, SLP Audiology and Hearing Aide Dispensing Practicing Board (505-476-7100). There is a $50.00 fee + fingerprinting, background check, etc. NOTE: Apprentice License is good for 5 years only.
- Positive Outcomes will need University paperwork (Agreement).
- Positive Outcomes will complete University paperwork regarding who your supervisor will be and where your placement will be, if hired.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of NM State and federal laws governing special education and adherence to those laws.
- Maintain professional confidentiality and work collaboratively with peers.
- Work with District personnel and the general public in a pleasant and cooperative manner.
The apprentice maintains appropriate relationships with student(s).
- Communicates effectively with student or student’s family.
- Demonstrates understanding of student differences/needs/and or cultural values.
- Establishes rapport with students and family.
- Demonstrates understanding of student attitudes and behaviors.
- Uses language appropriate for student’s age and education level.
- Is courteous and respectful.
- Maintains appropriate social skills.
The apprentice responds positively to supervision.
- Is receptive to constructive criticism from supervisor.
- Requests assistance from supervisor when needed.
- Interactively participates with supervisor.
- Assists speech-language pathologist in assessing student.
- Initiates and follows supervisory guidance.
The apprentice demonstrates appropriate conduct.
- Is able to evaluate own performance.
- Follows the role of an apprentice as outlined by this district.
- Works ethically and professionally with students, staff, and family, and/or community.
- Participates in in-service training.
- Participates in community relations programs.
The apprentice uses skills necessary for task completion.
Is on time and prepared for students.
- Submits documentation on time.
- Performs assigned tasks efficiently with no unnecessary distractions.
- Completes assigned tasks within allotted time.
- Prepares and selects appropriate treatment materials ahead of time.
- Chooses appropriate materials based upon treatment plans.
- Selects materials that are age appropriate and culturally appropriate.
- Documents treatment plans and protocols accurately and concisely.
- Documents and reports student’s performance.
- Signs documents, which are reviewed and co-signed by supervisor.
- Prepares and maintains students charts, records, or graphs for data.
- Schedules activities as necessary for student speech or language services.
The apprentice demonstrates knowledge and use of screening instruments.
- Understands the use of screening tests.
- Schedules screenings.
- Uses screening tests reliably.
- Scores screening tests accurately.
- Shares screening results and any other pertinent information with supervisor.
The apprentice performs tasks as outlined and instructed by the supervisor.
- Implement treatment plans accurately and efficiently.
- Implements feedback from supervisor for modifying treatment plans.
- Provides student wit accurate feedback on his/her response.
- Uses consistent feedback and reinforcement procedures.
- Distinguishes correct versus incorrect responses.
- Verbally interacts with student appropriate to the student’s age and level of understanding.
Beginning at $35,000, negotiable
Work hours are established in employment contract.
Submit the following documents to JC Trujillo as attachments to apply for this position:
- One (1) transcript from each crediting college or university
- Copy of Professional License if already obtained